Every man is a quotation from all his ancestors – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jay Kruizenga is a Michigan-based genealogist with over 15 years experience. He is a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists, the National Genealogical Society, the New England Historic Genealogical Society, and the Western Michigan Genealogical Society.
ACCESS TO OFFLINE RECORDS
Based in West Michigan Jay has familiar access to numerous records:
- State of Michigan Archives in Lansing (1 hour drive)
- Grand Valley State University Archives in Allendale (5 minute drive)
- Grand Rapids Historical Archives in Grand Rapids (15 minute drive)
- Calvin College Christian Reformed Church Archives (15 minute drive)
- Hope College Reformed Church Archives (20 minute drive)
- Central Michigan University Archives (1.5 hour drive)
- And Many More.
Jay’s genealogical specialties include:
- Michigan roots
- Lincoln’s War (Civil War)
- Kent and Ottawa Counties
Jay is definitely not limited to the West Michigan area. He is more than willing to travel across Michigan as needed.
- Member Association of Professional Genealogists
- Member West Michigan Genealogical Society
- Member National Genealogical Society
- Seeking Certification with Board of Certified Genealogists
- Proficient in Dutch Research – here and abroad
- Proficient in Scot/Irish and English Research
- BBA in Marketing
- MFA in Creative Writing / English
- National Genealogical Society American Genealogy Course
- Dutch Genealogy Course
- “Drafted, Deserted, and Volunteered” – a Comprehensive Study of Your Civil War Ancestors
- Writing Logical Proof Arguments
- Professional Genealogy 1
- We’re Here! – Now What? – D. Joshua Taylor
- Reverse Genealogy – Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak
- And More…
ACCEPTING CLIENTS – FEES
Jay is accepting clients. Please call 616.323.7316 or complete online form. Jay’s present fee is $50 per hour.
Jay has a BBA in Marketing and a Master’s in Creative Writing. He is presently pursuing his CG (Certified Genealogist) accreditation via a board of his peers.